Sunday, June 13, 2010

Juhu Beach



I moved to Juhu in 2007. In the beginning, I used to go and jog or walk on the beach everyday. Not for the sake of health or fitness, but because the beach is just 2 minutes away. The novelty of living close to the beach ran out pretty soon. I haven't been there for months now. The thing that strikes me, or probably anyone for that matter is how damn bloody dirty it is. Im not sure who is exactly in charge of cleaning the beach, I guess its the BMC, who by the way are doing a pretty decent effort of keeping the beach clean. I have seen them cleaning the beach my self. Every evening at around 5pm, a tractor goes around dragging a huge bin and a bunch of guys go around collecting and picking up all the rubbish from the beach. The problem lies with the people visiting the beach. They do not have a sense of responsibility towards a public place. I walked up and down the beach plenty of times and have noticed a whole lot of garbage thrown around. Someof the things you find are just plain weird or disgusting. Living in a city like Mumbai, we are lucky to have access to some fine beaches like Gurgaon, Juhu and Aksa. The 'janta' must get their act together and of course the state government has gotta pour in some more funds for developing the beach. I cant imagine people who don't mind spending crores on an apartment that faces the beach and end up not going to the beach because its so messed up.

2 comments:

  1. juhu beach...???
    u cud write must more ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to stress on the importance of having a clean beach. If there is something else that you would like to mention about the beach, please feel free to do so.

    ReplyDelete