Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mumbai University

Well this is my first post. Right now Im in Kuwait watching the world cup match between Argentina and Nigeria. But the thing that is running in the back of my mind is how incompetent Mumbai university is. I appeared for my Tybcom exams and then came to kuwait. The results were expected, but then suddenly this news comes out that its going to be delayed. (http://epaper.dnaindia.com/epapermain.aspx?queryed=9&username&useremailid&parenteditioncode=9&eddate=6/10/2010)
Im not really surprised, but Im just pissed how lightly the University takes this matter, which is ultimately going to decide the career of thousands of students. This is not a one off incident, infact my entire final year was pretty action packed. We had the professors strike which was like 50 days. Then there was the delay in exams, because the people publishing the question papers ran out of ink (That was the official reason given in the newspapers). And its not just Mumbai University. CBSE is pretty reckless too. When I was in the first year, we had to submit our certificates (passing, marksheet, migration etc), to be verified. Well I received my stuff a whole year late. Inspite of repeated emails to the address listed on their website, I didnt get any type of response. Its pretty messed up when in this day and age, the main education board of the country is technologically challenged (No one was answering the listed phone number either). Well finally my stuff was sorted so I didnt really bother making any formal complaints or anything.
Basically the people who are responsible should understand that education is a very serious matter and its not to be taken lightly. My education is pretty much done in India, I dont think Im gonna risk my future by doing my masters/ MBA there.
But for the sake of the juniors, I really hope there is an improvement.
One word of advice, to the people responsibe for the salaries of teachers and others in the administrative departments of the schools and colleges, "You give peanuts and u gonna get a bunch of monkeys".....

1 comment: